02 June 2018

Pondering God (Part 21)

21 May. Continuing our study of God. He is not pedestrian. I know that sounds unusual. But what I mean by that is that He is above normal random encounters. "Hi, I'd like you to meet my friend, Bill." you might say when you and Bill and another mate meet up. And it's very good to try to introduce people to the Almighty. I never want you to stop trying to do that. But here's what I mean.
Moses wrote, "The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our sons forever, that we may observe all the words of this law." (Deut. 29.29)
There are things which are 'too wonderful for me.' (Job 42.3, Psa. 139.6, Prov. 30.18)
He says "My ways are not your ways' and "as the heavens are highter....so are my thoughts higher than yours!" (Isa 55.9)
He does promise to be found now and then "‘I will be found by you,’ declares the LORD, ‘and I will restore your fortunes and will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you,’) (Jer. 29.14)
But usually He hides, until we are in the best frame of living, until He has our full attention. Isaiah said, "Truly, You are a God who hides Himself, O God of Israel, Savior! " (Chap 45.15)
So which is it? Is He available or is He hidden? The answer: "YES!"
Turn to Him with humble heart and without grudges, without animosity towards anyone, turn to God in the name of Yeshua, and open your heart to His plans. He will be found by you, even now.

No comments:

As unto the Lord... a sermon on conscience given in Sydney in April 2024

  As unto the Lord—don’t judge the servant of another!   A sermon on conscience from Romans 14 By Bob Mendelsohn Given at Sans Souci Anglica...