02 June 2018

Pondering God (Part 10)

10 May. Continuing our study of God. He is Comforter. A place to rest. I don’t have to live up to anything. I don’t have to think about anything. He welcomes me into his arms like a parent when the child scrapes his leg by falling outside. We run to Him for comfort. God knows how to comfort us and performs it for His pleasure. We benefit both ways. 

Isaiah said (quoting God) “comfort my people” (chapter 40.1) Nahum was the prophet whose name means “comfort.”

Yeshua said, “the Comforter, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things” ( John 14.26 ). The Greek word for comforter there is parakaleo which can also mean advocate or lawyer. Not that lawyers generally bring people comfort. But a helper. Called to help me. Little old me. 

Thanks be to God for His personal comfort to me. And to all who trust Him.

No comments:

As unto the Lord... a sermon on conscience given in Sydney in April 2024

  As unto the Lord—don’t judge the servant of another!   A sermon on conscience from Romans 14 By Bob Mendelsohn Given at Sans Souci Anglica...