12 March 2014

Anti-semitism in Paris

French parade 2014

January 27th was “International Holocaust Remembrance Day.” On the eve of that day, 17,000 people in France marched through the streets of Paris shouting: “Jews, out of France!” “Jews, France is not yours!” “The story of the gas chamber is bull***!” According to the article, “At one point, in a show of raw, seething hatred, the crowd simply spits out the word “Jew, Jew, Jew!” You can watch the march here:
video

France has the third largest population of Jewish people in the world, so this is no small event. I spoke with a friend of mine who is a retired Marine officer and former strategic analyst, and he equated the parade in France last month to the “Brown-Shirt” marches in Nazi Germany. My friend said, "France today is Germany in 1933". In 1933, the Jews had about six years to get out of Germany, so how long do you think the Jews in France have today? Another friend, who leads a ministry that helps Jewish people return to Israel from the West, received a desperate letter from a rabbi in France pleading for assistance in bringing his family to Israel. We are actively working to help this man and his family, and to bring more awareness to the people in France of the danger they are in. They need help now, and we are working on a plan to do just that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am just writing to say how disgusted I was to see that video about the French Jewish protest.
I couldn't believe people in this day and age would be so intolerant in a country that saw so much hatred during WW11.
I am a Christian person living here in Australia and have always felt an affinity with Jewish people. I hope you don't think I am being condescending, as it is something I have felt ever since I first heard of the holocaust as a young teenager.
I am 68yrs old now.
After all we all come from the same stock!
Lets hope sanity prevails while we wait for Jesus to return.
Regards
Marilyn

As unto the Lord... a sermon on conscience given in Sydney in April 2024

  As unto the Lord—don’t judge the servant of another!   A sermon on conscience from Romans 14 By Bob Mendelsohn Given at Sans Souci Anglica...