16 August 2013

From generation to generation

Mara and David... #3 by bobmendo a photo by bobmendo on Flickr.
Who will lead us? What's going to happen in the messianic world in the next 20 years?

Pictured are Rabbi David Rosenberg and this woman farewelling at Messiah College in July this year. This year at Messiah Conference I was privileged to spend hours and hours speaking with rabbis and young alike about Project Timothy. And both of these two and so many others are ready to join with whoever else puts up their hands for this brand new messianic internship program.

And I'm willing to help coordinate this.

What's the point of Project Timothy? To build a new generation. And to watch what G-d does in building His people in the next era.

Here's what I mean. When I came to faith in Yeshua in 1971, what we did, in what was called the "Jesus movement" was so very different than anything else in church history. Oh, not different than other massive movements of the Lord over history. I don't mean to sound so pompous.

What I mean is that the music was different. The literature we wrote was different. The hair was longer. Drugs, sex, rock and roll had been the matrix of our worldliness. Now we were going to be the leaders of a new generation and a new evangelical movement.

So what will take us to the next level? Will it require new music? New clothing? New poetry? New liturgy? I don't have any idea, but I have loads of ideas.

And here's what will happen. The older people like David in this photo and me and so many others, who have been working in the ministry, have to yield. We have to give the reins over to those whom we can mentor, but who will take us to the next place. I'm willing to go where they lead us.

What about you?

No comments:

As unto the Lord... a sermon on conscience given in Sydney in April 2024

  As unto the Lord—don’t judge the servant of another!   A sermon on conscience from Romans 14 By Bob Mendelsohn Given at Sans Souci Anglica...