26 April 2012

Anticipation

115/ 366 Not yet by bobmendo
115/ 366 Not yet, a photo by bobmendo on Flickr.

Early on Anzac Day in Newcastle Beach, men put up this net on the empty beach. In only a few minutes I saw it, and wondered how long it would be before the crowds would be teeming. How long would it be until a few sports people would be lining up in position on opposite sides of this make-shift war zone?

The photo says "anticipation" to me. And this is a good quality to maintain. A good characteristic to keep as yours.

What do I mean? Joel the prophet said, "It will come about after this that I will pour out My Spirit on all mankind;
And your sons and daughters will prophesy, Your old men will dream dreams,
Your young men will see visions." (Joel 2.28)

I like anticipation. I am a forward-looker. I am sometimes called a dreamer. Or a visionary. Or worse.

What do you see when you see an empty beach? A field of possibilities or emptiness and loneliness?

What did Michelangelo see when he saw a block of marble? A block of marble or David, underneath it?

I'm an 'anticipator'. I want you to join me in this visioning. I want you to believe for what is 'not yet.' In fact, that's what 'faith' is after all. Faith is seeing what is not yet seen. It is the evidence of things hoped for, the assurance of things not yet seen. (Hebrews 11.1)

Let's believe God for what He has promised. And in the meantime, enjoy a bit of sport this week, won't you?

2 comments:

pam said...

And God put in to motion LONG ago what is coming. He's perfect in His plans. Expecting good as we abide with Him.

Bob Mendelsohn said...

Mary Kay Ash said, "Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway."

That's faith and anticipation in action, right?

As unto the Lord... a sermon on conscience given in Sydney in April 2024

  As unto the Lord—don’t judge the servant of another!   A sermon on conscience from Romans 14 By Bob Mendelsohn Given at Sans Souci Anglica...